which corresponds to the home page of Sias Studio’s official website.
The policy establishes the requirements for the collection of personal data online, and, in particular, the methods, timing and nature of the information that the data controllers must provide to users when they connect to web pages, regardless of the purposes of the connection.
Visiting this website may result into the processing of data concerning identified or identifiable persons.
The “data controller” of their processing is Sias Studio of Sias Marisa, with registered office in Trieste (TS), Via Androna Campo Marzio, 2, 34123 – Italy – VAT number 01799600935 – Company registered in the Register of Companies of Trieste under no. 137930. Email firstname.lastname@example.org | PEC email@example.com
DATA PROCESSING PLACE
The treatments connected to the web services of this site take place at the aforementioned Sias Studio offices and are only handled by it as the charge of the processing.
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
The information systems and software procedures relied upon to operate this website acquire personal data, as part of their standard functioning, the transmission of such data is an inherent feature of Internet communication protocols.
Such information is not collected in order to relate it to identified data subjects, however it might allow user identification per se after being processed and matched with data held by third parties.
This data category includes IP addresses and/or the domain names of the computers used by any user connecting with this website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the requested resources, the time of such requests, the method used for submitting a given request to the server, returned file size, a numerical code relating to server response status (successfully performed, error, etc.), and other parameters related to the user’s operating system and computer environment.
These data are only used to extract anonymous statistical information on website use as well as to check its functioning and they are erased immediately after being processed. The data might be used to establish liability in case computer crimes are committed against the website: except for this circumstance, any data on web contacts is currently retained for no longer than seven days.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
This website uses the following cookies:
- Technical cookies.
- First-party analytics cookies.
- Third-party analytics cookies: this website uses the Google Analytics service to take anonymous statistics on site use. Tools that reduce the cookie identification power are adopted and the third-party does not cross the information collected with any of the ones already provided.
- Third-party profiling cookies.
Comment system managed directly
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Contact the user
Data provided voluntarily by users
Sending email messages to the addresses mentioned on this website, which is done on the basis of a freely chosen, explicit, and voluntary option, entails acquisition of the sender’s address, which is necessary in order to reply to any request, as well as of such additional personal data as is contained in the message(s).
Specific summary information will be progressively reported or displayed on the pages of the site prepared for particular services on request.
You can contact us directly at any time via our contact forms, our email address and our telephone number published on the website. The information you provide in the respective contact request is collected, processed and used by us exclusively to process your requests.
The procedure for subscribing to the newsletter is “Double Opt-In” (who signs up receives an e-mail message which is followed by a confirmation on the site to complete the registration, this mode guarantees the user from registrations made by thirds).
Each subscriber has the right to change the registration options and/or unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by following the instructions in each email received or by sending a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With the current text the user takes note of what is reported.
Online store management
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping.
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details, product details you have ordered and optional account information like username and password. You may decide to provide us with additional personal information (for example to order custom design), if you contact us directly. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraud.
- Set up your account for our store.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Improve our store offerings.
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them.
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Wishlist – YITH WooCommerce Wishlist
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve added to the wishlist: we’ll use this to show you and other users your favourite products, and to create targeted email campaigns.
- Wishlists you’ve created: we’ll keep track of the wishlists you create, and make them visible to the store’s staff.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Wishlist details, such as products added, date of addition, name and privacy settings of your wishlists.
Our team members have access to this information to offer you better deals for the products you love.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Akismet (Automattic Inc.)
This type of service analyzes the traffic of this website, potentially containing users’ personal data, in order to filter it from parts of traffic, messages and contents recognized as SPAM.
Akismet is a SPAM protection service provided by Automattic Inc.
Viewing content from external platforms
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our website uses features provided by the Vimeo video portal. This service is provided by Vimeo Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a Vimeo plugin, a connection to the Vimeo servers is established. Here the Vimeo server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. In addition, Vimeo will receive your IP address. This also applies if you are not logged in to Vimeo when you visit our plugin or do not have a Vimeo account. The information is transmitted to a Vimeo server in the US, where it is stored.
If you are logged in to your Vimeo account, Vimeo allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your Vimeo account.
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
On our pages, plugins of the SoundCloud social network (SoundCloud Limited, Berners House, 47-48 Berners Street, London W1T 3NF, UK) may be integrated. The SoundCloud plugins can be recognized by the SoundCloud logo on our site.
If you do not want SoundCloud to associate your visit to our website with your SoundCloud account, please log out of your SoundCloud account.
Interaction with social networks
Pinterest “Pin it” button and social widgets (Pinterest)
The Pinterest “Pin it” button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Pinterest platform provided by Pinterest Inc.
Personal Data collected: cookies and usage data.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of this website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: cookies and usage data.
WHY WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information, including:
- they are necessary to provide our services, such as when we use your information to complete your order, resolve disputes or provide customer support;
- we use the data collected, if you have expressly provided your consent, to inform you via electronic communications regarding promotional activities that may be of interest to you. In every electronic communication we send, it will be possible to indicate at any time that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material;
- if necessary for compliance with legal obligations or a court order or in connection with a legal action, such as storing information about your purchase if required by tax law; is
- if necessary for our legitimate interest, provided that your rights or interests do not prevail, for example 1) provide and improve our services. We use your information to provide the services you have requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
OPTIONAL DATA PROVISION
The provision of personal data is mandatory only for the processing necessary for the provision of services offered by Sias Studio (any refusal for the purpose of providing the service makes it impossible to use the service); it is optional for promotional purposes and any refusal to give consent does not have negative consequences on the provision of the service offered on the website www.siasstudio.com.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
The data collected by Sias Studio, according to the indications of the relevant legislation, with particular regard to the security measures provided by the GDPR (Article 32) for their processing by computerized, manual and automated tools and with logic strictly related to the purposes indicated in the this information and in any case in such a way as to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the data.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal data, to protect them against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data that the users provide us are protected with SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the standard method of encrypting personal data and credit card numbers allowing them to be securely transferred over the Internet.
You can check the security of the link based on the data shown in the URL contents of your browser. If the beginning of the address line changes from “http” to “https”, it means that there is a secure connection.
In addition, all service providers involved in payment processing are PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) certified and, in compliance with the PCI Data Security Standard, are in line with the strictest safety guidelines of the industry standards of the ecommerce. Further information on this is available eg at www.pcisecuritystandards.org.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITHIN THE EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the United States and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with data protection and governmental surveillance laws other than those in force in your jurisdiction. If we transfer your personal information outside the EU, we will rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud has Privacy Shield certification.
Visitor comments can be checked via an automatic spam detection service.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Information about our customers is important to our business. We will share your personal information only for limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We employ trusted third parties to perform certain functions and to provide services to our online store, such as accounting management companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only as necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. Should we proceed with the sale or merger of our business, we may disclose your information in connection with this transaction, but only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with the law. We may collect, use, store and share your information if, in good faith, we deem it reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal proceedings or government requests; (b) apply contracts, conditions and regulations; (c) avoiding, investigating and combating fraud, and other problems related to illegal, security or technical activities; or (d) protect the rights, property and safety of our customers, or others.
RIGHTS OF THE INTERESTED PARTY
If you live in certain territories, including the EU, you have different rights related to your personal information. While some of these rights are generally applicable, others apply only in some specific cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of your personal information in our possession by contacting us using the following contact information.
- Modification, limitation, cancellation. In addition, you have the right to change your personal information, to limit the use of your personal information or to delete your personal information. Except for exceptional circumstances (such as where we are required to retain data for legal purposes), we generally delete personal information on request.
- Opposition. You may object (i) to the processing by us of some of your information based on our legitimate interest and (ii) to receiving marketing messages from us after providing your explicit consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information, unless there are compelling and legitimate reasons for us to continue using such information or where it is necessary for legal reasons.
- Complaint. If you live in the EU and wish to express a concern regarding the use of your information (and without prejudice to any rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
OUR CONTACT INFORMATION
For the purposes of the European Data Protection Act, Marisa Sias has been designated as the responsible for the processing of your personal information. In case of questions or doubts, requests must be addressed:
- via email to the address: email@example.com
- via PEC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or sent to Sias Studio, Trieste (TS), Via Androna Campo Marzio, 2, 34123 – Italy.
Last updated 5 June 2018